Tuesday, November 16, 2010

I am a Reasonable Person

I've been bombarded with Disney commercials recently....supposedly in which parents record their childrens' reaction to the news that they are going to Disneyland/world (FYI my sister and I were much less enthusiastic about the news)....then the commercial follows up with what is supposedly home footage of the trip- I observe that apparently only children and their fathers and/or grandfather/male role models, have any fun at Disneyland/world....perhaps only children and their fathers and/or grandfather/male role models actually GO to Disney places....the commercials only show "footage" of these relationships- no mothers, true to the old role of being the photographer, never recorded in history, probably the grouchy, bossy, schedule maker that makes the kids go to bed at 8:00 pm before the fireworks start....yes, only fathers and/or grandfather/male role models are so fun to ride roller coasters and spin children on their shoulders in front of the camera....Mom who? (probably the same person who booked your fucking trip asshole).

P.S I returned a plastic shopping bag to the Shoppers Drug Mart the other day- they now charge 5 cents for a bag, you know, to minimize Environmental impact. As a side note, I noticed they are still printing bags with promotional logos on the bags "10 anniversary of the points card", "Christmas special"....which is weird if they are trying to minimize production and figure people to use reusable bags. As another side note, I actually use the plastic bags again as garbage bags. ANYWAYS.....I returned the bag for my 5 cents back since they charged me for the bag without actually asking if I wanted to purchase the bag....I figured since they just bagged my stuff it was free, until I saw the receipt. So I returned the bag, and carried my armload of hygiene products out the door.
That's all.

1 comment:

iris said...

Charging for plastic bags isn't to reduce the environmental footprint, it helps boost revenues. What a joke for companies to say it's a green thing. If it were, they wouldn't continue to make bags with specialty logos etc on them.

Bah! They annoy me to no end.